Pages

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Studio 60


There are two new tv shows that stand out (for me) this year. The first one is Heroes, for which I have very mixed feelings but I think it has a lot of potential. The other one is Studio 60, a show (with Mathew "Chandler" Perry as the main lead) about the life inside a studio preparing a show. In the last episode they had to prepare a Christmas show, and here is one of the dialogs in the conference room, which at the same time reflects a lot about Los Angeles and how life is here:


- What about ... Christmas? (pointing at a Christmas tree)
- What about it?

- It's our Christmas show...!

- Yeah... I thought we would ignore that.
- And why?
- Because It's LA and it's 85 degrees outside
- We are doing a Christmas show!
- LA just doesn't feel like Christmas

- We are going to make it feel like Christmas
- Take my advice and let's screw Christmas!

- Screw Christmas? Look, I hate Los Angeles like everybody else but I have to work here because in any other part of the country I am unemployable!

Categories