Pages

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Scent of a woman * * * *

I've been around, you know? There was a time I could see. And I have seen. Boys like these, younger than these, their arms torn out, their legs ripped off. But there isn't nothin' like the sight of an amputated spirit. There is no prosthetic for that.

Who? Themos, Costas Z, Demetri, Stayros
Where? Home Theater


This is truly great stuff. The best perfomance of Pacino I've ever seen (totaly worth the oscar), plus maybe the best dialogue I've seen in any movie. Plus, it takes place in New York City. Then there is the Tango sequence, an apparently useless scene that does serve in the plot, nor does it push the story forward. Yet the way it is filmed and edited, from Pacino's face to the hair of the lady is just splendid. I unconsiously started clapping at the end of this scene. It just fills you with emotions although very few words are spoken.

Categories