Pages

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

I've reached the shore

I just realized what am I dealing with. I am trying to solve a system of nonlinear partial differential equations. Matlab, Mathematica and all these guys are useless since they can only solve standard forms of equations (at best some nonlinear of elliptic type). On top of that, my equations are highly nonlinear and nonstandard.

So I headed towards the library, to the finite island of knowledge only to get my hopes down again. There is no text on systems of nonlinear partial differential equations, apart from collections of papers (I don't want to go there yet). Of course there are plenty of books on numerical methods from scratch, but that will be my last resort. For now I left with the only text I found: "An introduction to nonlinear partial differential equations", from a guy at the university of Nebrasca.

Categories